My Diary – Frequenty Asked Questions
My device can be damaged, I can lose my device or I can accidentally uninstall the app. How to prevent data loss in the app?
There are two features in the app to help you prevent data loss: Backup and Synchronization.
Backup files can only be created manually. Backup files are saved in the “../KreoSoft/MyDiary/Backups” folder (in device memory). It is recommended to send the created Backup file outside the device, e.g. to your Google Drive (Settings > Manage Backups > Send).
You can also Synchronize your app data with your Google Drive account. Manual Synchronization works in the free version and the Premium version. The Automatic Synchronization option is only available in the Premium version.
I bought a new device. I want to restore my app data on my new device. What should I do?
You can restore your data in two ways:
Synchronization: If you’ve used Synchronization in the app on your old device, please use Synchronization in the app on your new device with the same Google account as before. Your data will be restored.
Backup: If you’ve created Backup file in the app on your old device and sent created Backup file to your Google Drive, please do the following:
- Please download your Backup file (e.g. MyDiaryBackup_20200107_1020.bkp) to your new device.
- Please open “Manage Backups” in app settings. There will be created backups folder (..\KreoSoft\MyDiary\Backups) in device memory.
- Please copy your Backup file into that folder (..\KreoSoft\MyDiary\Backups). Please reopen “Manage Backups” in app settings and you will be able to restore data from selected Backup file.
Where is my application data stored on Google Drive after Sync?
Application data is stored in a hidden folder on your Google Drive. For security reasons this folder is accessible only by “My Diary” app. Although the folder is hidden you can see the amount of space it occupies and delete its contents.
- Go to Google Drive on the web at drive.google.com.
- From the settings menu, select “Manage apps”.
- Find the application called “KreoSoft – My Diary”
I forgot my PIN/Password. Can I reset it?
Yes, you can reset your PIN or Password, but only if you’ve set your security email address.
I purchased Premium. Can I restore Premium on my other devices?
Yes. Your Premium license is associated with your Google Account from which the purchase was made. You should install the app from Google Play store from the same Google Account from which the purchase was made.